What is Speedoc’s Subsidised Care Service?
As part of Speedoc’s commitment – bringing hospital to home – home-bound elderly with chronic conditions or disabilities who require continuing or long term home-based medical care can now receive long-term personalised attention in an affordable and accessible manner with our subsidised care service.
With consultation starting from $1.10*, Speedoc’s subsidised care service aims to support the government’s efforts in enabling seniors to age well in their homes where they are comfortable and familiar. For frail and home-bound elderly who have difficulty accessing services in the community, we aim to prevent hospitalisations through early intervention.
*Reduced rates are offered based on household means testing.
Why are house-call medical visits better?
- Easily schedule a doctor or nurse visit by Speedoc to your location through our hotline or app.
- Avoid the hassle of travelling to the clinic or hospital and waiting in line.
- Take the time you need to discuss health problems with a fully qualified doctor in the comfort of your own home.
- Be treated at home where you or your loved one are the most comfortable and receive comprehensive care assessment by the doctor who will have a better understanding of your home environment.
How to apply?
- Call Speedoc or submit the patient’s personal particulars here.
- You will be notified if the patient has an existing means test result within 3 working days.
- For patients with existing means test result, we will notify on the amount of subsidies the patient is eligible for our home medical visit.
- For patients who have not undergone the means testing, our doctor will have to make an initial visit, chargeable at the non-subsidised rate, where the patient will be assessed medically in order to kickstart the application for subsidised care.
- Upon approval of the application, we will notify on the final amount of subsidies the patient is entitled to.
- Start scheduling subsidised home visits up to twice a month (Mondays to Saturdays: 9 am – 6 pm. Sunday, Public Holidays and after operational hours subject to doctor’s availability.)
What kind of services do we provide?
- Comprehensive care assessment
- Chronic medical conditions management
- Uncomplicated acute/sub-acute medical conditions management
- Specialists or Approved providers in other disciplines referrals
- Transport arrangement to hospitals
- Acute and chronic medicines prescription
- Patient and caregiver education and management plan on medical conditions
- Minor medical procedures performed in the home setting (i.e.: simple wound debridement and intra-articular injections etc.)
Health issues suitable for home medical visits:
For COPD Patients
- Smoking cessation advice, prevention of chest infections, medication prescription and compliance tracking etc.
For Diabetes Patients
- Check Hba1c levels, work with nurses on medication prescription and compliance tracking, education on infection prevention, prevention of hypo / hyperglycaemia etc.
For Stroke patients
- Regular post-stroke medical care
While some medications within a pre-approved list may be eligible for subsidies, Speedoc does not charge for the dispensing of medications unless with the explicit consent of the patient or family.